Reese Armstrong, M.A.
When I first graduated from college in my home state of Alabama, I began my career in higher education recruitment. I was able to work with many young adults as they made crucial decisions about their future. I loved being able to work with people as they waded through fears and hopes about things to come. After a few years in this career and with my personal experiences in counseling, I decided to go back to school to become a therapist to deepen my work of helping others. I moved to Chattanooga in 2013 and enrolled at Richmont Graduate University, where I received a Masters in Clinical Mental Health Counseling and a Certificate in Trauma Therapy. It was here that I gained the knowledge that people’s lives are deeply rooted in past experiences and relationships. As a counselor, it is my goal to help individuals work through these events so they can begin to rewrite their stories. I also gained a deep love for the green hills of Tennessee and this incredible city. On my time off, you can find me in these hills with my wife and dog.
Credentials, Education, & Memberships
- Candidate for Licensure in Tennessee
- B.F.A in Graphic Design, Samford University, 2011
- M.A. Clinical Mental Health Counseling, Richmont Graduate University, 2016
- American Counseling Association (ACA)
- A standard counseling session is 50 minutes, and the cost of the first session is $100. Beyond the first session, the fee may slide based on your combined gross family income. I accept cash, checks, debit/credit cards and health savings account cards. As a pre-licensed professional, I am not able to participate in any insurance networks or plans.
- I do all of my own scheduling so in order to best accommodate you I have given you a few options. To schedule an appointment you can email me or call 423-328-8783. I have a variety of afternoon and evening times available throughout the week, including some available Saturday appointments.
- Child and Adolescent Issues
- Grief and loss
- Sexual Issues
- Forming healthy attachments
- Spiritual formation
- Recovery from substance addiction
- Shame and guilt
- Pornography and sexual addictions
- Marriage Issues
- Recovering from broken trust and infidelity
- Adapting to family changes
Reese Intake Paperwork and Forms...
Intake Questionnaire for your convenience (email it or print it and bring to 1st session).
Client Disclosure Statement (read only, sign at 1st session)
CCC HIPAA Statement (read only)