I remember about 20 years ago, riding my horse through a big ravine. Many thoughts swirled through my head like: what if I get stuck? What if I can't get out? The sand was thick, sides were steep and panic set in. I did get out. I did need help though. This is how I view my role as a counselor - a hand-up. Encourager. Partner toward change. My personal goal for 2017: Matthew 5:14 “You are the light of the world." I counsel with prayer and purpose and I look forward to meeting you!
(o)423.328.8783, ext. 5
I asked God for a horse and He sent me a mule – I named him Hallelujah. Lesson: think outside of the box. I am a city girl turned country girl when I married a cattle farmer. Get a glimpse here:
I am the host of a local TV show, Live Well, where I promote mental and physical health. I have worked for 5 years as a health behaviorist at Erlanger's Chattanooga Lifestyle Center, two years in Crossville at Christian Counseling Center and counseled athletes and coaches at Lipscomb University in Nashville.
- (LPC) Licensed Professional Counselor, TN #3181
- (MHSP) Mental Health Service Provider, TN
- M.Ed., Professional Counseling, Middle Tennessee State University 2010.
- Dual-focused degrees in School Counseling and Mental Health
- B.S., Advertising
- A standard counseling session is 50 minutes, and the cost is $125 per session. I accept cash, checks, debit/credit cards and health savings account cards. I opted out of insurance networks years ago, but I do still participate as an "out of network" provider. This means you pay my regular fee, and I can provide you with a receipt that has all the diagnostic information necessary for you to file and possibly get a rebate from your insurance company - based on what your plan is.
Adults and Children
- Relationships - Pre-marital & Marital counseling
- Maternity challenges - pre and post.
- Self-esteem building
- Stress and time management
- Mental coaching for athletes
- Healthy behaviors and weight management
- Physical health strife
- Parenting and relationships
- Play Therapist - children ages 3-5
- Family cut-offs and coping
- Schooling challenges i.e. ADHD
- Depression, Fear, Anxiety
- Grief and loss
The co-op is a sister practice of Elbow Tree Christian Counseling and our purpose is to create an environment where promising pre-licensed counselors can work alongside seasoned professionals in order to receive mentorship and supervision as they work towards licensure in Tennessee. If you would like more information, any of the counselors listed on the menu at the top of the page can help you. Each of their profiles will explain their particular approach, cost, hours of operation, etc.