I remember about 20 years ago, riding my horse through a big ravine. Many thoughts swirled through my head like: what if I get stuck? What if I can't get out? The sand was thick, sides were steep and panic set in. I did get out. I did need help though. This is how I view my role as a counselor - a hand-up. Encourager. Partner toward change. My personal goal for 2017: Matthew 5:14 “You are the light of the world." I counsel with prayer and purpose and I look forward to meeting you!
I am the host of a local TV show, Live Well, where I promote mental and physical health. I have worked for 5 years as a health behaviorist at Erlanger's Chattanooga Lifestyle Center, two years in Crossville at Christian Counseling Center and counseled athletes and coaches at Lipscomb University in Nashville.
- (LPC) Licensed Professional Counselor, TN #3181
- (MHSP) Mental Health Service Provider, TN
- M.Ed., Professional Counseling, Middle Tennessee State University 2010.
- Dual-focused degrees in School Counseling and Mental Health
- B.S., Advertising
- Feel free to call (423.328.8783), email me .
- A standard counseling session is 50 minutes, and the cost is $100 per session. I accept cash, checks, debit/credit cards and health savings account cards. I opted out of insurance networks years ago, but I do still participate as an "out of network" provider. This means you pay my regular fee, and I can provide you with a receipt that has all the diagnostic information necessary for you to file and possibly get a rebate from your insurance company - based on what your plan is.
Adults and Children
- Relationships - Pre-marital & Marital counseling
- Maternity challenges - pre and post.
- Self-esteem building
- Stress and time management
- Mental coaching for athletes
- Healthy behaviors and weight management
- Physical health strife
- Parenting and relationships
- Play Therapist - children ages 3-5
- Family cut-offs and coping
- Schooling challenges i.e. ADHD
- Depression, Fear, Anxiety
- Grief and loss